Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why i will be nice..

This incident took place over a year back. It left a strong impression on me and hence i decided to share it.

Really weird thing when I was returning home from work.. I took a cab from Metro to my place and went thru marine drive.. the fare was 24 bucks.. so i gave the guy the money and he says "Saab dus rupaiya wapas le lo, aaj bahut dhanda kar liya (there was a bus strike in Mumbai that day)... Mein taxi Girgaum me park karne wala tha to waise bhi ussey direction mein ja raha tha, aaj ke liya itna paisa bahut hain"..
Coming from a poor man, I was stunned.. I obviously argued with him and said, this is his money.. So for about 5 min we were arguing in the middle of the road...But he refused.. And i saw the satisfaction of anhonest man in his eyes.... Can u imagine a Mumbai cabby taking less money.. Its a good turn that will pass on...

This incident has left a lasting impression on me.. Its made me realize that greed is not all pervasive.. Kindness, humility and honour are still alive.. It is upto me to display these characteristics in the future.. I truly hope more people proudly display these traits more often..

No comments: