Wednesday, December 3, 2008

There is hope!!













I went to the Gateway of India today, to attend the peace march. To be very honest, i was surprised by the number of people present. The attendance made me realise, that the time has come for a new uprising. The energy was electrifying.

My worry is that this tremendous energy may not be channeled in a direction. This may lead to hatred and further division in our society. I do have faith in the youth of India (me included) to convert this into a positive revolution. The first step is to convey a strong message to the politicians that their method of working is unacceptable. The next step would be to state points of action which should be implemented at the earliest. A group of people have filed a PIL asking the Bombay high court to ensure implementation of various security reports given to the government in the past. The next step is to monitor the implementation of these reports over a period of time, making the government more accountable. Finally, we as citizens must be alert and assist our government and security agencies in every possible way.

I have to confess, walking at the Gateway gave me a strong sense of reassurance and would have to the thousands present there as well.

No comments: